General terms and conditions
- Participating teachers may primarily come from the following European countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom.
Teachers from other countries can also participate, however two teachers will be selected from the total of teachers who are participating and are not coming form the countries mentioned above.
- In order to participate, teachers need to fill in the on-line registration form.
- The organizers of the contest have the right to disqualify a contestant if the information provided is inaccurate or false.
- Registration provides the organizers with the right to:
o Publish the name and nationality of the winning contestants in the website of the contest and the Go-Lab website.
o Publish and make use of the winning lesson plans for publicity and/or outreach purposes.
Your entry can be in any of the following forms:
- PowerPoint or Impress Presentation: "PowerPoint" or "Impress" Presentations must not exceed 15 slides and they have to be delivered in pdf format.
- Video: An entry in the form of a video must not exceed 7 minutes. In order to submit a video you will have to upload your video on YouTube and submit the link.
- Text: You can submit a report in the form of a narrative text. It is advised to use Arial Font and Font size 12. Text entries should not exceed 6 pages and they have to be submitted in pdf format.
- Poster: A poster entry has to be size A1 and submitted in pdf format.
Submission of entries
- Only registered contestants can submit an entry.
- Contestants must submit their entry electronically between November 12th 2015 and April 30th 2016 via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries can be submitted in any of the 15 official languages of the countries mentioned above. Winning entries must be translated to English.
All entries must be accompanied by this form following information:
o Full Name and Country of the contestant
o Brief Description of the activity implemented (120 words maximum)
o Link to the Go-Lab Inquiry Learning Space that was used
o List of the go-Lab big Ideas of Science used
- Entries must be to their totality the work of the contestant. The contestant is responsible for the materials included in the submitted entry especially for:
o Personal information included.
o Abuse or violation of any third party’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright or trademark rights or rights of privacy or publicity.
o Not submitting any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting or threatening to any other person; bigoted, hateful or racially offensive; vulgar, obscene or sexually explicit; illegal (or promotes illegal activity).
- The material of the entry can be used by Go-Lab for promotion and publicity and/or outreach purposes without prior notice.
- After the deadline of the contest all entries will be available to the public through the webpage of the contest and the Go-Lab portal.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- All contestants will receive certificates of participation.
- The organizers reserve the right to request the return of the prize should there be a breach of the terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not negotiable and they cannot be transferred to another person.